Monday, November 20, 2017

Please!!! Some one tell me to just shut up and run!

The only time I ever get injured (other than the time Doris tripped me and I broke my ribs) is when I talk to other runners on the trail while running.
So this past Saturday we had the pleasure of 6 new runners who came out to be a soiled sport, for the first time.
With just over a kilometer in on the run, I was chatting to one of the newbies and on what was a not very technical or rough part of the trail, I managed to roll my ankle.
I walked it off a bit then commenced to finish the run.
(besides one of our group is a Doctor at the Fowler Kennedy Sports Injury Clinic, granted he would have finished the run and been half way home by the time I finish.)
So, everything was not so bad, till I took the shoe off.
It just started to swell and then started to get colourful.
A did as our trail group swears by for all injuries, put a cold beer against it and when it is empty, just repeat till the swelling goes down or the six pack is gone.
So, when I get back to running, and you see my lips moving, tell me to shut up and just run.
***Update since I posted this earlier in the week, after my toes started to go black and blue as well, I decided to seek medical help. And after X-rays have found I actually broken a tip off a bone in my ankle area. So there goes my hopes of a medal in the winter Olympics.

1 comment: